Fire safety awareness and building construction
Understanding building construction and fire safety awareness in apartment blocks
This is an introductory course designed to provide candidates with an overview of construction techniques. It also provides an introduction to working with tenants to implement fire safety best practice and covers property inspections.
Understanding the construction of buildings and how they work is important for anyone whose job involves dealing with housing and property. It is particularly important when managing blocks of flatted properties as is the need to ensure compliance with best practice for fire safety.
Candidates will learn about the importance of regular maintenance to reduce the need for costly repairs and about the need involve tenants when implementing fire safety procedures.
The course covers:
- The four constituent parts of a building
- Foundations, walls, roofs – defects and problems
- Cladding and facades
- Property inspections
- Understanding fire
- Fire safety guidance
- Fire doors
- Emergency plans box
- Common causes of house fires
- Understanding building structures and the four constituent parts
- Amenities, service elements, trades and key terminology
- Different types of materials and construction methods used in blocks of flats
- Best practice with health and fire safety in blocks, and working effectively with residents
- How to carry out an effective inspection
- Completing an Inspection Form
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is new to housing, or who works in a non-technical role dealing with technical staff and contractors and who handles customer or tenant queries, complaints and requests for repairs.
When and where are courses held?
If you have eight or more participants our expert tutors will come to your workplace to deliver the course. We can also deliver this course via Zoom.
To book this course or for more information please call 0333 355 4165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org