Assertiveness in the workplace
Benefits learning about assertiveness in the workplace
Assertiveness training aims to explain and practise a range of tried and tested techniques that will help staff be assertive in the workplace.
Real assertiveness skills are essential for confident and appropriate communication. The techniques taught help improve conversations and interactions with customers and colleagues, reducing stress and increasing productivity.
The basic requirement for teams to work well is great communication and this course helps individuals at all levels understand the wider responsibilities and implications of their actions – for the benefit of all.
This course will provide staff with the knowledge of how to identify different communication styles and techniques used to be assertive effectively. It also demonstrates the physical, emotional and mental health effects that a lack of (or too much) assertiveness can have on staff, and the potential loss of good employees this can lead to.
In particular participants will gain an understanding of:
- The characteristics of four main communication styles
- The key elements of the physiological stress response that short circuits normal communications and the impact this has in the workplace
- The two key techniques for assertive communication and saying no effectively
- Existing communication style vs assertive communication styles
- How to give constructive criticism in an assertive and professional manner
- How to prepare notes for situations where you plan to be assertive.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for all staff and board members at different levels within organisations. It can be particularly effective when teams attend the course together, but this is not necessary.
When and where are our courses held?
If you have eight or more participants our highly experienced tutors will come to your workplace to deliver any of our courses. For organisations with fewer than eight participants we run public courses on various dates throughout the year.
To book this course or for more information please call 0333 355 4165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org