Conflict on the telephone
Understanding how to handle difficult telephone calls
Everyone who handles business communications on the phone is likely to run into conflict at some point.
Great communication skills are essential for confident and appropriate communication even in conflict situations. The techniques taught in this course help improve conversations and interactions with customers and colleagues alike (you can try them out at home as well!) reducing stress and increasing productivity.
Nuts and Bolts Training course Conflict on the telephone will provide staff with the knowledge of strategies and techniques that help staff demonstrate calm control of difficult calls
- You will learn new strategies and techniques that help you demonstrate calm control of difficult calls
- You will be able to evaluate your performance and improve your skills appropriately
- You will be able to operate in a way that ensures positive outcomes for you and your callers.
Teams will be able to evaluate their performance and improve their skills appropriately as well as operating in a way that ensures positive outcomes for everyone.
In particular participants will gain an understanding of:
- Recognising difficult and challenging telephone calls that might escalate into conflict situations on the telephone
- Skills practice to give confidence to deal effectively with difficult and challenging telephone calls
- Proven strategies and communications models to de-escalate conflict situations on the telephone
- Insight into current telecommunications law and what constitutes an abusive and challenging telephone call
- Developing best practice flair for using the telephone and appropriately dealing with abusive and aggressive telephone calls.
Who is it for?
This course will suit staff who work in call centres, front line services, complaints handlers and indeed anyone who is likely to speak to customers on the phone.
When and where are our courses held?
If you have eight or more participants our highly experienced tutors will come to your workplace to deliver any of our courses. For organisations with fewer than eight participants we run public courses on various dates throughout the year.
To book this course or for more information please call 0333 355 4165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org