Understanding conflict management in the workplace
Conflict management training explains a range of tried and tested techniques that help staff manage conflict in the workplace.
Real conflict management skills are essential for confident and appropriate communication in the workplace. The techniques taught in this course help improve conversations and interactions with customers and colleagues alike reducing mistakes and stress as well as increasing productivity.
This Nuts & Bolts Training course includes the following:
- Learning new strategies and techniques that help you demonstrate calm control of difficult and conflict conversations / encounters
- Evaluating your performance and using proven methods to improve your skills
- Operating in a way that ensures positive outcomes for you and your customers
- Developing confidence and poise to enable you to demonstrate a firm but fair approach
In particular participants will gain an understanding of:
- Developing your awareness to help you recognise difficult and challenging customer contacts that might escalate into conflict situations
- Skills practice to give you confidence to deal effectively with difficult and challenging encounters
- Proven strategies and communications models to de-escalate conflict situations
- Insight into current law and what constitutes an abusive and challenging encounter and what constitutes a difficult and challenging encounter
- Developing best practise flair for appropriately dealing with abusive and aggressive customers or even colleagues.
Who is it for?
This course will suit staff who work with customers either face-to-face or over the phone like frontline services, complaint handlers and anyone who is likely to speak to others in situations that may result in conflict.
When and where are courses held?
If you have eight or more participants our highly experienced tutors will come to your workplace to deliver any of our courses. For organisations with fewer than eight participants we run public courses on various dates throughout the year.
To book this course or for more information please call 0333 355 4165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org